Monday, September 15, 2008

rainy day in prague

this morning jeni and i are perched on my bed, checking email and chatting with frinds online. "what's this?" you say, "they have internet at home now?!"... umm, not quite. we're kind of borrowing a signal from a travel agency across the street. it's an unsecure line, therefore anyone can access it without a password. the funny thing is, the only place in our whole flat that can pick up the signal seems to be on my bed! how funny.

so we're typing away, finishing off mugs of coffee and listening to music... and the rain as it comes down. these are the days in prague that i love! i heart rain... to me they're like sunny days for most normal people.

jeni and i were just having a brief chat about life... and how we're all searching for something to make us happy and give us passion. my thoughts keep travelling down this path as we resume typing and i can't help but think about the Lord. and then thinking about my own life. what happens when i neglect to engage with him in my daily life? i KNOW him, and yet i still have days where my sinful nature eclipses the joy of my salvation... until i enter into his presence and am reminded of HOPE, JOY, LOVE and the fact that my passion is rooted in him. i am nourished with living water and the kind of food that satisfies beyond what we can imagine... or even know we desire.

the world is searching for something more. aren't we all??
praise him that we know where to look.